As I started mentioning this to people to get an idea for where to find a non-pink kitchen I was surprised by the response that a kitchen is for girls. Is this the 50s?? I totally disagree, but I don't think most do based on the lack of non-pink kitchens available. Cooking is a life skill. I believe knowing how to cook promotes a healthier life style. I love cooking, and I love that I know how to cook because I don't need to count on a restaurant to make me something "healthy." I'd like to think I'm doing my son a favor by sparking an interest in cooking so he does not have to rely on someone else to cook for him in the future. Besides, there are many women who don't know how to cook as well so that's not as safe an assumption as it once may have been.
So, to end my rant, I don't believe I'm making my son girly by teaching him to cook. I'm making him self-sufficient, and frankly there should be more people, man and woman, like that out there. Who knows, maybe next I'll do something crazy like teach him to clean up after himself!
Here is my BOY cooking in his kitchen (which he got early of course because I was too excited!):
| Offering me a "buy" aka bite |
No comments:
Post a Comment