Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas

Christmas this year was SO much fun with Brayden. He was not totally aware of what was going on, but he was way more interested than last year at 9 months old, of course. Although we had a busy month celebrating Christmas, I don't have any (or in some cases only mobile) photos from then for three reasons: 1) I was lazy and rather enjoyed sitting back and experiencing Brayden's joy rather than missing it while snapping hundreds of photos, 2) I was too busy chasing a very excited 1 year old to bother with photos, and 3) I relied on other people to capture some photos, so (hint, hint) please share them!

We had help from Pop Pop picking up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving when all the Christmas stuff went up. Then we, or rather I (sans Brayden), began the month of Christmas with a quick day trip to NYC to see visit Macy's, FAO Schwartz, Rockefeller Center, and Radio City Music Hall for the Rockettes show with Patty and Lisa. We rode the train in to Union Station with Nana & Pop Pop to check out the large train display only to find a mini train display thanks to renovations. We had a bit of culture shock watching a Christmas parade in Centreville, MD (camo, tractors, and generators on pickup trucks - wow!) with Nana, Pop Pop, and Centreville's soon-to-be residents B, S, A & K. For the first time we went to the National Zoo for Zoo Lights with the whole family which is something I'd certainly do again.

Then the early Christmas celebrations began. We started a week before Christmas with Uncle B, Aunt S, A & K with breakfast for dinner, the Grinch, and gifts. This I actually do have photos from!






Brayden has a strange habit of feeding K, and K always obliges. We felt this should be documented.





A couple of days later we celebrated again with B, S, A & K and were also joined by the rest of our Wednesday night family dinner group, Uncle M, Aunt L, and Little B for a tapas feast and the classic Rudolph movie. A couple of days later we joined Aunt Heather, Lottie & Izzy at Nana & Pop Pops for a lobster feast and gifts. A couple of days later (see the pattern?) Aunt Ami & Uncle Kevin came over to join us and Nana & Pop Pop for another Christmas dinner and gifts. Although we had all of these Christmas celebrations prior, what makes me finally feel like it's Christmas was later that night with our church's candlelight service of Christmas music, which is always my favorite service of the season. And finally on Christmas Eve we had an early Christmas day with Granny & the Couture clan (they're 5 deep now, large enough for clan status). We had a B.A.B. (a big ass breakfast as Brian & his dad referred to Christmas breakfast), opened a small mountain of presents, watched Christmas movies, relaxed with the kids, and enjoyed a delicious dinner prepared by Wegman's (I highly recommend it!). The next morning I had to hold Brayden off with "toons in Mama's bed Mama" (as Brayden refers to watching TV in my bed) while we waited for Nana & Pop to get here bright and early. We opened another small mountain of presents, watched Brayden jump from toy to toy, and ate yet another Christmas feast.

After Santa visited

Aunt S gave me this 2 years ago and it is my favorite decoration to put on my tree



Waiting patiently...



"SANTA!! I KNOW HIM!!"


He didn't know where to begin






So as you can see we are both now bursting at the seams (from food & presents!) and exhausted! But we had a wonderful Christmas - thank you to all our family and friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment